Turning 30 "Happy birthday to me!"


Its my birthday! Its my birthday!

 In the next 24 hours I want to celebrate me, but am not sure how to am gonna do that. Anyway i consider myself lucky since I am still alive and me being here is a definite sign that God is giving me this chance to amend 20s life and make a difference in my 30s.
It's my first time being 30 and it feels normal. Yeah! it's my first time. I must say this because some of us have been the same age year in year out. We fear admitting that we are ageing. I remember hitting 25 and I was having a panic attack, since i could see for a fact that am really ageing and yet I haven't attained any achievements and worse of all I haven't attained any goals. 

But You know what? Am going to embrace my 30 with zeal and hope to enlighten my self with more life experiences. I mean it's pointless to blame and feel sorry for myself since i don’t have or i have not attained all the goal i had in mind and worse if all i have nothing on my to show as my accomplished by this age. The fact is i can’t change the hands of time. But what makes me focus ahead was having the positive thoughts and just the idea and thought that i am 30 makes me feel like the name big sister, mum and wife suits me better.
Today as I write this it 25th of February 2018, just few hours before i hit the bit big 30, but I want to tell my 30 self to;
  • Always embracing life with Optimism and hope to makes the impossible possible.
  • Never to doubt my capabilities and abilities.
  • Make an outstanding story out of my life and make a difference to other people's life. Hee! am not sure what am talking about but i look forward to accomplishing this. I mean i have a whole decade before i hit 40.
  • Take one step at a time.
  • let my self out there and face my fears- My biggest fear has always been being judged but lately i have a confidence that has totally surpassed my fears.  
Turning 30 to most of us could feel so scary. Especially if in your 20 you had the fears of hitting 30, which is always our limit age when it attaining our dream position in life, career wise, personal life and other stages in life. And yet we have not accomplished any of our goals and any achievements as we expected. From having kids, to having a great dream job, not forgetting the big dream being to get married or marrying.

Just like many of us i never imagined hitting 30, I saw it from a far and though I have a long way to go. And whenever I heard someone say he or she was 30 I would be like it so unfortunate they are already there, but now i dare to say that I think I’m actually happier, hopeful, i have become a great believer of life, and the thought that I can making my own decisions summarises the fact that I have indeed grown up. My positive vibe comes from my family and friends. That i have to say. 
Reasons why we are all scared of hitting 30 is because;

  • The idea of being referred and categorised among the old scares us. No one wants to be called old. Even if you know for real you are.
  • Fear that time is running out and you haven’t achieved anything. Especially us ladies menopause comes knocking before we know it.
  • As you are growing old you are less likely to get a job. Since most jobs consider certain age brackets. It will be so unfortunate if the jobs you are applying quotes an age bellow 30 as one of the qualification.

Anyway enough of the reality, we are already 30. As for me i have thought of ways i am going to make my 30s fun. Off-cause am going to;

  • Think about my accomplishments-
    achievements in my twenties gives me confidence that am going to so better in my 30s.
  • Embrace my failures-
    Accepting that am already 30 and yet I have not attained anything is the only way I will move on and accomplish more without feeling disappointed.
  • Accepting that am not perfect-
    no more pressure to attain my unattainable goals. My idea is to take everything slow. 
  • No more comparisons-  Comparison has always been the killer of my dreams. Why compare myself with friends and colleagues. making talent, dreams, ideas and career better is what should be in my mind. Have you ever heard of a saying that goes “Every flower blooms at a different pace.” Yah I always remember that.
  • Invest in my passion-
    I love blogging but its only until recent that I got balance and started blogging for real. I started blogging in 2016 but closed the site because i did have ideas as to how am going to make it work. But last year I got so into it and here I am.
  • Throw yourself a fantastic party- this coming decade is going to be a long journey so ushering it with great happiness is my goal. Like throwing myself a fabulous party. This is going to be a good start and it's going to be positive way and a way to help me remember all of the wonderful things that may have already happen or are going to happen in the next decade.
  • Look good and boost my confidence-
     good looks, the good experience you have attained in your work place and life gives you the confidence to face anything. Let us say you bought the one pair of shoes you have always eyed for along time. Once you buy and put it on you get the confidence to walk anywhere. This definitely reflects in our life. Take time to appreciate where are and give yourself time to jump start yourself again.
  • make plans-
     Coming to a point of me making plans is a great sign that i have definitely grown. In my 20s my idea was to explore life as it comes. I want to set goals, have targets, budget and tackle my priorities first. My goal is to face my 30s with a great level of maturity You know i want to make my dairy that i have always thought "What am i going to use it for?"
  • Grow career wise and appreciate its givings-
    i have always dreamt of getting a good, stable, paying job. At this state i can confidently say am financially stable and my living standard is at a point i have always dreamt of. This year i want to reward myself in a big way, i don't know how yet but i intend to.
  • Eat healthy-
    in my 20s i remember the least weight i was at was 55, that is when i just hit 20. Wau!! i remember vividly when i weighted myself, but it was expected since i was into sports. As much as i am making plans to do this and that i really need to take care of my health. Am thinking of eating healthy, as for exercising i would rather not have so much confidence in since am so sure without plan i would quite. But i am keeping the idea open and gradually hope to adopt it. But eating healthy is what i want to do.  
  • Test things for myself-
     someone once said being scared is a definite sign that you are doing what you should be doing. I have always hard the desire to try new ideas, but along the way i end up giving up, but what will i loose if try. I have come to realize finding a sweet spot will make your desires easy to fulfill. Am i making sense.
  • Lastly i want to have a close personal relationship with my God-
    without the almighty God i would definitely not be here. His grace is sufficient enough that all i can say is "Thank you Lord." 
So tell me how was your birthday or what plans do have for your birthday? As for me am all about adulting now and making more for my self. Happy birthday to my fellow birthday mate and those who we share the same birthday month. 

Comments

Post a Comment