AM NOW DOING IT.

 I remember from my last blog Horoscope basically just opened my eyes on my health; i promised to give you updates on;
  • My fitness and health journey. 
  • Confirm if and when am going to start on my fitness classes.
  • My detox plan.
  • Lastly how my meals prep is going to be. 


Am all psyched up, hoping not to ever give up. Have you ever hard that weird feeling like everything relating to your misery is suddenly showing up in everything. It's like a constant reminder. Like whenever i walk i see bill boards adverts on fitness.Oh i also remember an email i received on health and another fitness training, it was totally random. Check them out.



Not forgetting the horoscope I showed you on my last blog. Is it because am thinking to much about it or is it a warning. Karma works in weird ways for sure.

Anyway I want to give you updates on the issues to consider and things that i have to do before starting my fitness or health journey;

  1. Weigh my self- Yeah weigh myself, i don't want to guess because i really don't know. The last time i weighed i was..... I can't quit remember but i have definitely added some weight. Mmmm but not really just some, i must admit i have added a lot of it. I can feel it. 
  2. Check my pressure-If i may ask which is the standard reading for normal healthy person. I have never known. I guess we shall see.
  3. Lastly go to the doctor and confirm if the contraceptive am using is the cause of my health problem. People have different opinions when it comes to contraceptives.Which contraceptives are you using? I really wish to know your opinions on each  and every method. I don't really know if am just paranoid or maybe it's because it's my first time using the one i have now.
  4. Look for a gym and a trainer-Though enrolling to a gym is quit expensive in Kenya not forgetting having a trainer is another expense. But i would definitely advice someone to enroll for full package which involves having a trainer, to get directions on everything. If i had all the equipment available in my house i would definitely not need to go to the gym. But remember one wrong move while exercising would definitely cost your. 
  5. Visit different gyms and compare there charges. Don't assume, you never know, maybe there is gym next door which is cheap and has a complete package. Learn to also cut on cost and do things in your budget.
  6. Go get some fresh healthy fruits and herbs to make some detox concoctions e.g ginger, lemon. Fresh vegetable and fruits are quit good for our health. You can prep some fruits package them in a zipper bags and store in a freezer making it easy for pick and go or have it as fruit salad or even make smoothies. Whichever suits you.
  7. Look for comfortable gym clothing and some nice kicks- I love me some nice attire, two- three pairs are okay. Nice sports bras, Tank tops, socks and leggings. You need to look presentable and comfortable when training. They don't need to be new, go for second hand clothing ( mitumba in Swahili) they are quit affordable. 
  8. Later after attaining my goals i would wish to shop for gym equipment and continue training from home. If you thinking you have already attained your ideal weight and your life will go on fine, then my friend you definitely wrong. Adopt the fitness habit. Continuous exercise after the training is very crucial. With that you will be sure not to fall back your previous weight which was a source of all your problems. Look for some affordable gym equipment, then spare a room or a space for it and continue with your workouts every morning and evening, whichever is suitable for you.

  9. Look for a training partner and get moral support to not give up. Getting a training partner motivates you. But keep in mind choosing a partner who is the same size as you or just almost. As for me am a size 14. So for me i would not go train with a size 10 partner. I prefer a partner whose experiences are almost the same as mine, weight-wise and health-wise, i mean you having common issues and aiming to attain the same goals. 
  10. Prepare a schedule to help me train efficiently-Most of us work best with schedules and a strict instructor. Some of us would go to the gym day one, two, three then miss for the next two days. But if you have a schedule you definitely don't have an excuse. I have never enrolled in a gym because i have never hard weight issues before, so i wouldn't not judge.

Am crossing my fingers and hope to attain my goal before April this year 2018. My ideal weight being 60-65 kilograms.


Comments